Midterm screencast
Problem of being a teacher
Introduction
Hi, my name is Laurianne and I’ve been studying at Montmorency College for the past two years. I study in Social Sciences. In this program we learn how to do research, how to develop and create our own opinion, and we also learn how to write a good thesis and how to structure our texts. It is helpful for the people who are studying in Social Sciences to learn how to do correctly all those things because later when they get a new job it will be helpful to use this knowledge. I choose this program because I want to have a job as an elementary teacher. I've always wanted to be a teacher because I love to work with younger people. I think that it is pretty cool to work with younger people because they bring me joy with their imagination, they are funny and because I really like to help people I would love to be there for them if they have some difficulties at anytime.
Like most people, creating a screen cast is not an easy task for me. I'm not perfect but I'll give my best to be interesting.
I have been studying English for the past two years at Montmorency College. English is not my favorite subject because I have some difficulties speaking in English. On the other side, I know that I am better at listening to people speaking in English rather than speaking myself.
Even though I'm not the best at English, in my courses I do my best and I can see that I've become better than when I started to learn English because my grades are increasing.
My goal today is to show you how to use the Virtual Writing Tutor website. This website can be very useful to be sure that we don't write with a lot of mistakes or with spelling errors. It is helpful because it can also help people pronounce words in English without mistakes.
Stay here and watch the video. It only takes a few minutes of your time to listen to this short video which gives you the tools you need to avoid mistakes.
There are many resources in this website that can be used to help people increase the quality of their speaking and writing.
The Problem
As a teacher, a field-related problem could be that teachers often have to write to the students' parents or even to their co-workers. They must therefore pay attention to the quality of their writing as well as the quality of their English.
If teachers do not make the effort to pay attention to what they write, their credibility as a teacher may decrease. Students, parents and co-workers may have less confidence in education this teacher gives to the younger students. It could also be very disadvantageous for the teacher if someone decides to make a complaint about him.
For example, a teacher might write to a student's parents that he or she would like to meet with them to discuss their child's situation. It is not by writing several spelling mistakes that parents will want to meet the teacher.
It can be very annoying to make several mistakes but don't worry I have found the solution to this problem.
The Quest
First, open your browser and type the URL Virtual Writing Tutor dot com into the address bar. Hit the enter button.
To make sure that you are on the good website you should see this logo in the top left corner of the screen. You should also see the navigation menu at the top of screen in the middle. You'll need to start log in on the website.
The Solution
The first tool is the one that checks the grammar to make there are no mistakes. You will see in the middle of the screen a large box which will be used to put the written text. You will need to copy paste the text you created. Then, you will need to click on the second little box which is Check grammar. The website will automatically find the errors and offer to modify your text according to the mistakes. You can even click the grammar checkbox as many times as you want. In addition, it is possible to do several actions with the auto correction. You can also ask to check the essay's score, vocabulary and even punctuation. If you scroll down with the scroll bar, you will be able to see what your options are and their associated definitions. For example, if you scroll to the punctuation checker option you will be able to read what that option does with the text. To help, you can also create a glossary on this website. You have to click on the writing tools box which is in the navigation menu at the top of the screen in the middle and click on the Glossary Creator. In the left area under the navigation menu, you can see a video tutorial to help you create a glossary. In the right box under the navigation menu, you’ll see examples of what a glossary should look like. To create one, you’ll need to find a title and then click on the new glossary box on the right side of the screen. You can then define words relating to the field of study of your choice. The good thing about this tool is that it is possible to add an audio file. For example, if I try with the word psychology I can click on add an audio that will allow me to listen to how the word is pronounced. At the end you make click on the publish box on the right-hand side of the screen.
The Conclusion
So, if you are in Social Sciences or any related field it can be useful tools to work with to increase a better spelling and writing in English.
If you liked this video make sure to be aware of the new videos that will be post on this website.
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 662
Total MP3 length: 05:28
Target structure count: 9
Error count: 2
Error density: 1%
Commentaires
Publier un commentaire